Bred Balancer® Heifer Program
- Inquire for Price and Availability
- Heifers will be sold in 5 hd. groups
- Schafer Farms will sort sale groups into uniform packages based upon your purchase preferences (Color, Calf Sex, etc.)
- Purchase preferences will be filled based on availability and in the order that they are received.
- All purchases of 10 hd. or more will receive a 2% discount.
- A non-refundable 25% down payment will be due by April 1 to secure your heifer purchase. The remaining balance is due upon pickup or delivery of your heifers.
- Heifer Delivery is not included in the purchase price.
- All heifers are permanently & individually identified with double ear tattoos as well as corresponding ear tags.
- All heifers were pastured with their dams - no creep feeding
- All heifers were vaccinated for IBR, BVD I&II, PI3, BRSV, & Lepto, Pasturella, Clostridia.
- At weaning
- All heifers were boostered for IBR, BVD I&II, PI3, BRSV, & Lepto, Clostridia, as well as, wormed with both a pour-on for externals and a drench for internals.
- All heifers were weighed and then pre-conditioned for 45 days. After which time the heifers were evaluated and any heifers that didn't meet our replacement quality standards were sorted out and sold as feeders.
- At selection Time
- All replacement heifers are given a shot of prostaglandin.
- All heifers were place on a high forage TMR developing ration.
- All heifers will receive their pre-breeding vaccinations for IBR, BVD I&II, PI3, BRSV, Lepto, & Vibrio.
- We will begin AI breeding heifers in late April. We will be AI Breeding to sires with a definite emphasis being placed on calving ease, while still maintaining focus on the other traits (i.e.: maternal, performance, carcass etc.)
- Grazing Period:
- All heifers will receive the opportunity at one AI service after which they will go to grass with Natural Service clean-up Bulls.
- Heifers will be preg. checked between 60-85 days AI bred to potentially determine fetal sex.
- All heifers will be re-preg checked to confirm pregnancy.
- All Heifers will be wormed, and vaccinated for IBR, BVD I&II, PI3, BRSV, and Lepto, as well as, given a primer dose of scour vaccine.
- Heifers ready for pick up or delivery
- Approximately Mid-September
Heifers will be sold "Safe in Calf" and will have been examined by a licensed veterinarian and so guaranteed, after which time they will be considered breeders and will carry no further guarantee.